Call me a dork (and I’m sure all ten of you who read my blog likely do on a regular basis), but I am really excited to share my first original recipe with the world!! I whipped these up for a party last weekend and just had this feeling that these might be blog worthy. And, dare I say it, I was totally right.
Steph’s Paleo-Friendly Buffalo Chicken Bites
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free
1 lb Organic Chicken Breasts
1/4 cup Melted Ghee
Approx. 1/2 cup Hot Sauce
1-2 tsp White Vinegar
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1-2 tsp Sea Salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut your raw chicken breasts into chunks. Place into medium bowl.
3. Measure out about 1/4 cup ghee. I half-filled a 1/2 cup pyrex dish and melted the ghee in the microwave.
4. Dump half your melted ghee into the bowl of raw chicken. Mix together.
5. Spread chicken out on a cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Add chicken (should be almost fully cooked) to the bowl of sauce. Mix together.
8. Spread out over cookie sheet.
9. Bake for about 10 more minutes.
To keep warm and party friendly, I placed all the chicken bites into a crockpot and then poured the remaining sauce from the cookie sheet over the chicken. Kept my crockpot on low until transport, and then throughout serving.
If I were to serve right away, I would transfer over to a platter and drizzle remaining sauce on top.
Personally, I thought these were pretty spectacular. And, easy! And, they were a hit! I didn’t even bring any ranch and they all disappeared pretty quickly. Though I personally probably ate at least half of them myself…guess I liked ’em, means they were at least suitable to my somewhat paleo-fyed palette. All that matters, right ;)?